David, I agree with you - a "Getting Started" document is needed.

I believe that if such a document did exist, I would be using
"Object" techniques instead of just writing "classic" code.

ooRexx does a very good job of handling the Classic/Object
mix of code that I do write, and I'm sure that things would
probably work better (and projects would be completed faster)
if I was truly writing object oriented code.

Recent comments by Mark clarified some items for me, and
some things that I have read about "OO" are now starting to
make more sense.

If you were start such a document, I would be more than glad
to provide what ever assistance I can.  In a past life, I did function
as a rewrite editor, and while the technical documentation that
I created throughout my career was considered verbose by some,
most found it very readable and easily understood.

/s/ Bill Turner, wb4alm