On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM, Walter Pachl
<christel.u.w.pa...@chello.at>wrote:

> Thanks for clarification of 4.1.1…****
>
> ** **
>
> „Ah one question: why woud it not work on earlier ooRexx version(s)?? ****
>
> now: which is a ‚new‘ feature? (WAS a questionI)“****
>
> For one, it uses the new C++ native extension mechanism, so it could not
> work on any ooRexx before 4.0.0.  But, it also uses two API methods that
> were not introduced until ooRexx 4.1.0.****
>
> ** **
>

> I don’t remember when I have met oodialog the first time but that must be
> years.****
>
> Would your code have worked as well then (without C++… etc.) or would you
> have written it differently?****
>
> ** **
>
> Just curious --

Hi Walter,

I see I really answered a different question than you asked.

The ooDialog program I showed you uses methods, classes, and other
enhancements that are only available in ooDialog 4.2.0 or later.

I was going to convert the program to work under ooDialog 3.1.1 or 3.2.0,
but as I went through it, I realized that there are so many enhancements in
ooDialog 4.2.0, that it's just not worth my time.

Older versions of ooDialog are stuck at Windows 95 and stuck in the
previous millennium.  I'm living in 2013 and using Windows 7.  I want to
use an ooDialog that is meant for today's world and today's operating
systems. ;-)