David Ashley wrote:
> It looks like the new Red Hat EL 7.0 will only be available in x86_64
> format (no i384/486/586/686 version).

I seem to recall reading something about an end of x86 coming to Ubuntu as well.

What ever point the distro vendors stop x86 support, obviously ooRexx will not
be built in an x86 version for those new distro versions.

Like with supporting Windows 2000 builds of ooRexx, at some point backward
compatibility will become impossible.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS has five years of support, and has an x86 version. So while
that means x86 code is supported there out to 2019, I would foresee less and
less demand for the x86 version as the years
go by.

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck