I also discovered that my fix will have the same problem because there is
also a PACKAGE_STRING define in the config.h.  It looks like there is
something strange going on the the Mac build.  On linux, the define is

#define PACKAGE ooRexx

Which didn't cause a syntax error.  On your build, the ooRexx was
surrounded by quotes, which caused the syntax error.  I'm not sure if this
additional quoting will cause issues with its intended purpose or not.
I'll check a new fix in just as soon as everything finishes compiling.

Rick