Almost a month has passed since my last posting, so assuming that everyone is
just in "wait and see"
mode. Therefore throwing another stone into the water: how about releasing the
current 5.0 Beta this
coming week?
:)

Or are there any showstoppers anyone sees? Is there anything that is currently
missing and needs to
be done?

When suggesting the current beta, mentally I included the great new features
"address with" and
variable references from Rick's sandbox (for each there is a 64-bit Windows
ooRexx installation
package at:
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/olh1mqfwb4brp7r/AABI1X-Le9zDCJ0gyfvMdKB8a?dl=0>).
AFAIK they
are not in trunk and hence may need to be added to trunk and maybe it may make
sense to create one
more ooRexx 5.0 beta to get it tested on a wider scale for a few weeks.
Alternatively, after
releasing the current 5.0 beta as GA, these new features may get added to trunk
and cause a new 5.1
beta version to be created which may be released sometimes in the fall.

Ad rsock6: not seeing any commits in the repository not sure about its state.
However, like with
Unicode, in the case that IPv6 is really needed for the time being one can use
the ooRexx external
function package BSF4ooRexx to get access to it from ooRexx (in this case even
SSL etc. becomes
available to ooRexx programmers).

---rony