I started a bit earlier ( do You remember Slackware )

After that I went for Red Hat

And got used to the red-hat and friends terminology

I can agree on the Debian ways
But Ubuntu has taken things a bit too far

Apart being too much much windowish for my taste ;-)

This morning it took me  just 40 minutes to setup a Debian working environment
for ooRexx
I tried last week with ubuntu and I stopped trying after one day

And … a couple of years ago developing with ubuntu
Was really painful for the very bad choice they had made for the compiler and
the headers
Many configure.ac checks  had to be rewritten  because of that
( I got burned by the atomic support detection )

Cheers