On 17.02.2019 14:03, Rick McGuire wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:00 AM Enrico Sorichetti via Oorexx-devel
> <oorexx-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> <mailto:oorexx-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>> wrote:
>
>     Already working on a simple external function skeleton,
>
>     Which does nothing but … Print the arguments passed
>
>     Will not take long to polish it and post it somewhere
>
>     Does not use the native approach ,
>
>     I was not able to find into the docs how to determine the number of
> arguments passed
>
>     From the samples looks like that the native mode functions only support a
> fixed number of
>     arguments
>
>     But I would like if somebody pointed me on hoe to do it the native day
>

> You can also ask for all of the arguments to be passed to you in an array.
> When used that way, no
> maximum is enforced. See the current unix rexxutil functions SysGetMessage
> and SysGetMessageX to
> see how this works.

Maybe also interesting: <https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/patches/200/>, which
is meant at allowing
C++ programmers to jump start creating external function libraries, which
implement routines or
methods in native code.

---

It is a talk (the pdf-file) at an International Rexx Symposium (cf.
<http://www.rexxla.org/events/2015/schedule.html>) where I tried to give a
conceptual overview how
to create external Rexx function routines and external Rexx method routines.
The zip archive
contains the files (sources, binaries in 32- and 64-bit) and Makefiles for
Windows, Apple, Linux. As
you can see by looking at the Makefiles that a CMake solution (from someone in
the know) would have
been even better for the project.

The native C++ API is documented in chapter 8 in "rexxpg.pdf" ("ooRexx
Programming Guide").

---rony