On 19.04.2022 14:20, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:

From time to time I get crashes upon exiting multithreaded programs on Windows. The crash occurs in ANSI32.dll. However, when using a debug version of ooRexx these crashes usually do not show up.

Today, I ran a few ooDialog samples ("ooRexx\samples\oodialog\examples") with a debug version of 32-bit ooRexx r12371 and received such a crash upon exiting the sample "browsePrinters.rex" ("pure ooRexx").

Using 32-bit 5.0.0 r12372 from the ooRexx beta download section, this program ("browsePrinters.rex") crashes from time to time as well when it gets closed (e.g. after testing/running a few other ooDialog samples like "imageButton.rex" which has not yet crashed).

---

Also when running BSF4ooRexx programs sometimes a crash occurs upon closing the Rexx program (the stack shows the main thread in ANSI32.dll and underneath rexx stack entries). On Linux and Mac this does not occur.

Maybe there is some race condition problem? [1][2]

---rony

[1]
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/com/processes--threads--and-apartments>
[2] <https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009899899/CHP06GDC.HTM>