On 16.05.2022 20:58, Rick McGuire wrote:

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 2:35 PM Rony G. Flatscher <rony.flatsc...@wu.ac.at>
wrote:

    Commits:

      * <http://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/code-0/12391>
<http://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/code-0/12391>,
      * <http://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/code-0/12392>
<http://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/code-0/12392>.

    Also removed "Error_Execution_super" definitions from various *.h files
manually as not having
    been able to get cmake to find xalan to recreate the files from
    <main/trunk/interpreter/messages/rexxmsg.xml>.

    Two questions:

      * on Windows (having the Java version of Xalan): where to get Xalan from,
or alternatively,
        how to get cmake to find and use the Java Xalan version?
      * ad documentation w.r.t Error_Execution_super: have not found the
relevant section in
        rexxref.pdf, unfortunately. Maybe others can find that and point it
out, or maybe even
        adjust the text ;) ?

I've uploaded the versions I use to the sourceforge window-buildtools directory. Unzip both the xerces.zip and xalan.zip into any directory and make sure their bid directories are on your path.

Was looking for these two zip files but was not able to find them. "build-utilities\trunk\Release.notes.for.windows-build-tools" notes at the end:

   xalan_xerces_binaries.zip
   -------------------------

   The Xalan and Xerces binaries are used during the build of ooRexx.  In
   theory, Xalan and Xerces are not supposed to be needed during the build.
   However in practice the build often fails if the binaries are not found.  It
   is easier to simply have the binaries available than it is to debug the
   build process.

   Unzip the file in to a directory that is in the path, or unzip to a location
   of your choice and ensure that directory is in the path during a build of
   ooRexx on Windows.

However none of the mentioned zip files exist, so I assume that these notes are
outdated.

Where are they supposed to be located?

---rony