Hi,
        In the readme.pdf file in ooRexx V5, I see

| 3.5. Open Object Rexx and Other Rexx Interpreters
|
| If you have other Rexx interpreters installed, you may have to set the PATH
manually
because Open Object Rexx and the other Rexx interpreters may both use the name
"rexx" for
invoking the interpreter.
| Interpreter error messages that begin with "Rexx: " indicate that another Rexx
interpreter was called instead of Open Object Rexx. You can verify which Rexx
interpreter
is running either by the form of the error messages, by running rexxtry and
executing SAY
VERSION, or by invoking rexx -v, which then should display information about
the Rexx
interpreter that is invoked. If no information is displayed, it is not Open
Object Rexx.
If you don't want the other Rexx interpreter to be invoked, you should remove
it from the
PATH, delete it, or rename the rexx binary in the /usr/bin directory to orx and
use orx
to invoke the interpreter.

        In (most?) Linux distros there is another, more flexible mechanism for
handling this
issue: a package called 'update-alternatives', which allows one to install
multiple
packages, either different releases or from different vendors, set one as the
default,
and switch from one to another whenever desired.  'update-alternatives' can be
invoked by
the package manager via a post-processing script.
        It seems to me that 'update-alternatives' provides a better method for
managing multiple
packages than those described in readme.pdf.

        For example, I have multiple Java versions installed.
'update-alternatives' shows
| ~
| $ update-alternatives --config java
| There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).
|
|   Selection    Path                                    Priority   Status
| ------------------------------------------------------------
| * 0            /usr/java/jdk-18/bin/java                180000000 auto mode
|   1            /usr/java/jdk-18/bin/java                180000000 manual mode
|   2            /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-11-openjdk/bin/java   2105      manual mode
|
| Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number:
| @11:14:45,leslie@pinto rc=0

        On my system it is provided by:
| ~
| $ rpm -q update-alternatives -i
| Name        : update-alternatives
| Version     : 1.19.0.4
| Release     : 4.3.1
| Architecture: x86_64
| Install Date: Sat 11 Jun 2022 02:29:09 AM CDT
| Group       : System/Management
| Size        : 71350
| License     : GPL-2.0+
| Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Tue 15 Feb 2022 05:48:59 PM CST, Key ID
70af9e8139db7c82
| Source RPM  : update-alternatives-1.19.0.4-4.3.1.src.rpm
| Build Date  : Tue 15 Feb 2022 05:48:28 PM CST
| Build Host  : sheep26
| Relocations : (not relocatable)
| Packager    : https://www.suse.com/
| Vendor      : SUSE LLC <https://www.suse.com/>
| URL         : http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dpkg/
| Summary     : Maintain symbolic links determining default commands
| Description :
| update-alternatives creates, removes, maintains and displays
| information about the symbolic links comprising the alternatives
| system. It is possible for several programs fulfilling the same or
| similar functions to be installed on a single system at the same time.
| For example, many systems have several text editors installed at once.
| This gives choice to the users of a system, allowing each to use a
| different editor, if desired, but makes it difficult for a program to
| make a good choice of editor to invoke if the user has not specified a
| particular preference.
| @11:08:03,leslie@pinto rc=0

Leslie
--