Dear Gil,

Using cURL web scraping is a piece of cake. Here an example

ADDRESS "" "curl --insecure https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/"; WITH OUTPUT
STEM myStem.
DO i=1 TO mystem.0
 IF mystem.i~pos('The latest version of FOP is available at')> 0 THEN say
mystem.i
END

Pardon my hacking old-style code with methods but it is just to give you an
idea. You need to change the ADDRESS command for Windows but cURL should be
there.

Given that the version only changes approximately once a year it might stop
working before the next version, not sure if it is really necessary to check
for the latest version?

Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se