Hi Rony,

I have updated bug #1854 with an explanation of the requirements of the source package(s) and some suggested fixes.

Cheers, Mark

On 7/4/23 21:26, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
Hi Mark,

On 05.04.2023 10:58, Mark Hessling wrote:
I'm planning on building a HomeBrew formula for ooRexx, so that I can release my external function packages for macos via HomeBrew for both Regina and ooRexx.
Super!
HomeBrew formula require a link to an official source package; usually a tar.gz that can be downloaded as part of the installation phase.

The hurdle I've come across is that there does not appear to be an official source package that can be downloaded, at least from SourceForge where the official binary packages are available.

Is there a location where a source package file can be downloaded?

AFAIK there is no such location as of yet.

Would it be sufficient to create a tar.gz from a checked out the whole ooRexx svn tree? Something like:

    svn checkout --username=orexx
    svn+ssh://or...@svn.code.sf.net/p/oorexx/code-0/main/trunk
    oorexx-code-0

or anonymously:

    svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/oorexx/code-0/main/trunk
    oorexx-code-0

Note: the above (Sourceforge supplied) svn checkout commands relate to the trunk of ooRexx itself, not to the docs sources at https://svn.code.sf.net/p/oorexx/code-0/docs/trunk. The latest versions of the ooRexx docs pdf-files can be downloaded from <https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/oorexx-docs/5.1.0beta/> (there are the individual pdf-files, but also zip-archives of the pdf-files - e.g. https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/oorexx-docs/5.1.0beta/ooRexx-5.1.0beta-pdf.zip/download - and separately of the html-files).

---

If I understand you correctly then we should place a tar.gz package of "main/trunk" at a specific download location (maybe on the files-download branch on the project, i.e. <https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/>. What name should such a subdirectory have on Sourceforge? How should the pdf-documentation be made available (in the same subdirectory as the source as a zip- or tar.gz-archive of all the docs pdf-files)?

Thank you again for your initiative and efforts, Mark!

Best regards

---rony