Once again, the "reply" and "reply to list" buttons in my Thunderbird EMAIL client prevented me from publicly thanking Ruurd for the correct solution.   (I am used to clicking on "reply" to have messages posted to a mailing list, and so only he saw my thanks.)

By placing "liboosqlite.so" in  "/usr/local/lib"  on my Linux Mint 21 system, ooSQLite is now functioning correctly.

When I was running Ubuntu having  "liboosqlite.so" in "/usr/local/bin" worked without issues.

Again, thank you,  Ruurd for your help.

Marc, had I followed your suggestion of using LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it would also have provided a solution, but I would never has found the real problem.  using LD_LIBRARY_PATH  would have created a secondary problem for userid's other then my main developer ID, as this would have allowed "userb" to access "usera's" files.... which could have produced some interesting results (production -vs- testing.)

Following your reference to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I had found some cautionary comments about using ".bashrc" when trying to specify a LD_LIBRARY_PATH on a _permanent_ basis. So I thank you for the educational lesson.

/s/ Bill Turner, wb4alm