Von: Franz Marx <marx.fr...@gmail.com>
Date: Mo., 12. Juni 2023 um 19:53 Uhr
Subject: OpenSuse and Open Object Rexx are now in perfect harmony
To: <oor...@jonases.se>

Der P.O.
I am now convinced, you are right and i would really drink a beer or 2 with
you,
if i could do so  😊

In OpenSuse the oorexx - installation is much easier, as you described! it.

With SuSE-KDE any RPM-package can be directly installed with *YAST,*
you have only to answer "ignore" when the "Checksum-Error '' is displayed.
It works e. g. for Chrome as well as for ooRexx-rpm.

Question: when will Version 5.2 be released for OpenSuse?

I had to obey these things:

   1. line of Linux-Rexx must be
   *#!/usr/bin/env rexx*
   2.  Linux-Rexx :      *Address Command "gedit" filename *
   instead of
   Windows-Rexx :  *Address Command "notepad" filename*

The text-Editor *"gedit" *must have been updated in the meantime,
my first problems with not editing the whole Text-File are gone!

Calling *"kate" *as an alternate Text-Editor works correctly,
but displays an ugly *"QT ,,, Error" *when entered in from command-line
or called by an ooRexx-program.
Therefore I give up to use it any longer in Rexx.

Regards
Franz

P. S,  this Mail has been sent from OpenSuse Chrome Gmail