Dear Rony,

This did not work (the path inside /Applications/ooRexx is still messed up for
the installation because of my “fix") so I need to remove that line for the
source package and think of something else. I think moving to a temp dir inside
the build path would be more logical.

Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se

> On 22. Jul 2023, at 12:01, Rony <rony.flatsc...@wu.ac.at> wrote:
>
> Hi P.O.,
>
> forgot DESTDIR, cf
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11307465/destdir-and-prefix-of-make
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11307465/destdir-and-prefix-of-make>
>
> Hence something like
>
>    make install DESTDIR=~/Applications/ooRexx
>
> HTH
>
> —-rony
>
> Rony G. Flatscher (mobil/e)
>
>> Am 22.07.2023 um 11:39 schrieb Rony <rony.flatsc...@wu.ac.at>:
>>
>> Hi P.O.,
>>
>> being on the road not having access to a computer and not being a CMake
>> expert at all there is one thing I vaguely remember: you can supply the
>> install directory when issuing make install, maybe something like „make
>> install ~/Applications“.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> —-rony
>>
>> Rony G. Flatscher (mobil/e)
>>
>>> Am 22.07.2023 um 11:23 schrieb ooRexx <oor...@jonases.se>:
>>>

>>> I am trying to make the build of a source package work, i.e. a compressed
>>> version of the complete source code as it comes out of SVN. With these
>>> lines in CMakeLists.txt:
>>>
>>> # Create a source package
>>> set(CPACK_SOURCE_GENERATOR "TGZ")
>>> set(CPACK_SOURCE_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME
>>> "${CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME}-${ORX_MAJOR}.${ORX_MINOR}.${ORX_MOD_LVL}-${CPACK_PACKAGE_RELEASE}")
>>>
>>> The package looks like this
>>>
>>> oorexx-5.1.0-12706
>>> |-- usr
>>>
>>> i.e. the default path is included in the compressed source, and we do not
>>> want that.
>>>
>>> I tried to change the install path for the source package like this:
>>>
>>> # Create a source package
>>> set (CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX .)
>>> set(CPACK_SOURCE_GENERATOR "TGZ")
>>> set(CPACK_SOURCE_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME
>>> "${CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME}-${ORX_MAJOR}.${ORX_MINOR}.${ORX_MOD_LVL}-${CPACK_PACKAGE_RELEASE}")
>>>
>>> Now the package looks like this:
>>>
>>> oorexx-5.1.0-12706
>>> |-- CHANGES
>>> |-- CMake-build-readme.txt
>>> |-- CMakeLists.txt
>>>
>>> i.e. the additional subdirectories are gone, and the package is as we want
>>> it to be. That is the good news.
>>>
>>> The bad news is that (as I just learned) it had the side effect that "make
>>> install" fail on macOS and hence the building of an installer consequently
>>> fail
>>>
>>> Does anybody have a solution how to be able to install (make install) to
>>> ~Applications/ooRexx5 on macOS and still being able to create a source
>>> package without any additional path?
>>>
>>> I have tried to build the package also on Linux but also that did not work.
>>>
>>> Since Rony have managed to build a relocatable package, could such an
>>> approach be made? I do not possess the knowledge of how CMake works so I am
>>> relying on help here.
>>>
>>> If nothing else helps I see so other possibility than creating the package
>>> in a post-process driven from CMake (similar to how the Windows and macOS
>>> installers are created). But it MUST be possible to do this the "right” way
>>> using normal CMake commands?
>>>
>>> Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
>>> P.O. Jonsson