Hi Thomas,
good to hear that re-running CMake solved the issue.

|  On the ARM Macbook I compiled for the Target System "arm64_v8a". It was
not possible to execute the rexx executable which was build for the target
system arm64_v8a on my macbook with the M2 ARM Chip. That made a lot of
sense to me.
I'm not sure why this should make sense.
A quick check on stackoverflow suggests otherwise, e. g. "Android Studio on
my M1 Macbook Pro can simulate all the system images with ABI arm64-v8a
really well"

|  Now I build on a x86_64 Linux machine for the target x86_64 so it makes
sense that the rexx executable which I build for x86_64 is working on my
source system which is also x86_64. Would you agree here? Im kind of lost.
I'd agree.  When you build for an architecture while running on the same
architecture, the built executable should run.