A progress report on my activites today.

The test was partially successful, if you look at Sourceforge you will find two
folders 5.0.0test under /files/oorexx and /files/oorexx-doc. They are staged so
only visible if you are logged on to sourceforge.

For the understanding of how Jenkins works: Each job is defined in an xml file
and each setting in the GUI correspond to a line in the xml.

The test showed that it is possible to parse and modify all those xml files and
thereby modify all build jobs in one go, replacing "needles" with "newneedles",
i.e. switching from 5.1.0beta to 5.0.0test or whatever.

I have also modified the uploading script so that it can be redirected by an
input parameter. This worked with the sideeffect that all the 5.1.0 files were
uploaded as well. They can be removed manually or deleted in the work folder so
not a big problem

The zip uploader did not work as expected, not yet sure why.

The documentation build should also accept input parameters to redirect the
builds, unfortunately this did not work as expected, I will look into that
later.

Finally, since I reproduced the 5.0.0 I got all the mistakes coming back
(referring to a missing document; wrong case for the built entities etc)

Have a look on sourceforge and on Jenkins, I will restore everything tomorrow
20.4. to 5.1.0beta again.

In my view this will be a doable way to save manual work during the next
release, unfortunately I will be away from home for the most of April and May
and can only help at the beginning of june.

Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se