Committed with [r12839].

---rony

On 29.05.2024 18:21, Jean Louis Faucher wrote:

On 29 May 2024, at 18:00, Rony G. Flatscher <rony.flatsc...@wu.ac.at> wrote:

Planning on committing the latest patch (v4) to trunk such that others (like Dom) become
able to further test this "retro-trace" feature.

The patch v4 is still a debug patch.
I will attach a v5 which will not contain the debug code.
In particular, Token.cpp and Token.hpp will not be impacted.

This patch doesn’t address the RFE 836 opened by Dom.
A possible solution could be to detect the presence of
TRACE ?
using an ahead scan, as it’s done for:
- the detection of a procedure at the start of the code section (already in
ooRexx5 code)
- the detection of an early trace entry (done in the patch)

The goal being to stop the debug mode before execution the EXPOSE instruction.
TRACE ? is a non dynamic instruction, so it’s easy to check if the debug switch
is used.

The problem of this solution is that the TRACE instructions are ignored when in
debug mode.
So this ahead scan would not respect this rule.
Just sharing my thoughts, not planning to put this in the patch for RFE 835.

Regards
Jean Louis