Hi Evergreen List~

Our library doesn't collect music/music scores, etc. This morning I got the following message and I thought I would pass it on to the list. Hopefully some of you may have templates that might be a better fit.

Thanks, Melanie (Farmington PL, Maine)

Dear Librarian,

I am working at Joensuu Regional Library in Finland http://www.jns.fi/Resource.phx/sivut/sivut-kirjasto/english/index.htx and we are interested in using Evergreen as our new library system. I found a lots of information by Google, for example "Cataloging with Balsam Libraries' Evergreen". On page 13 there is a list of cataloging templates and I wonder if it is possible to get some your templates as an example? The most interesting of those templates are OWA_computer_file, OWA_maps, OWA_Music_scores, OWA_Sound_recordings and OWA_Videorecording_DVD. If you cannot send me those templates, could you please send my message to someone who is capable to do that?

In Joensuu we are using now a Finnish library system called PallasPro, which has Finmarc-format as a cataloging format. In Finland we have to move to Marc21-format in near future and we are not satisfied with the Finnish library system Aurora, which is using Marc2, so we are looking for other solutions. There are translators translating Evergreen into Finnish at the moment and we are working to figure out what other things we have to do, if we want to use Evergreen as our library system.

I hope you have time to answer my message or send it to someone else, who may answer.

My best regards

Päivi Knuutinen
kirjastovirkailija / library assistant
Joensuun seutukirjasto / Outokummun kirjasto
+358 50 441 2247
paivi.knuuti...@jns.fi