Hi Trisha,

We are a consortium of over 70 public and school libraries, and provide centralized cataloging for our member libraries on OCLC, loading the bibs to Evergreen with the batch loader in the client. We generally work with the Connexion client, doing batch searches and working offline. We export the records as a .dat file, and upload it to Evergreen. We set up Record Match Sets to match by OCLC number, ISBN (020), UPC (024), and Media Publisher Number (028). We try to keep the files fairly small because we've found that if we try to load more than 100 bibs at a time, it's very slow. We think it's because of the ISBN matching, but we need that to overlay brief vendor records that our libraries load through the acquisitions loader.

Once in a while, we use Z39.50 to import a single record from OCLC to Evergreen if we want to replace an existing record with a fuller version.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need to know from us.

Mary