To: Evergreen Discussion Group
<open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
From: Thomas Berezansky
Sent by: open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org
Date: 11/15/2012 03:11PM
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] TPAC Main search drop down

If available I recommend using the OPAC Visible, Search Label, and "Is

Simple Selector" options. The latter puts the option above a "--" line

to keep it at the top and is most useful with "code" values that are
comma delimited sets (like, say, "a,t" to get both kinds of language
material). Turning OPAC Visible off will hide values without needing
to delete them, and the Search Label overrides Value for the search
boxes but allows the MARC values to appear in reports if they are
based on reading things from the value maps as a translator for human

benefit.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium

Quoting "Soulliere, Robert" <robert.soulli...@mohawkcollege.ca>:

Hi Michael.

To change those, you need to edit the names or remove them in the
staff client.

Go to Admin -> Server Administration -> MARC Coded Value Maps

In the Record Attribute Type drop-down, select "Type":

This should pull up the list corresponding to your TPAC options.

Edit the "Value" field to change label in the TPAC.

Delete list items as desired.

Warning: I think this will effect all library TPACs in your
consortium, so consult others as needed. ;-)

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Digital Systems Librarian