On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:09:58AM -0500, Jason Stephenson wrote:
> Quoting Jason Stephenson <jstephen...@mvlc.org>:
>
> >Quoting Araik Manukyan <ar...@flib.sci.am>:
> >
> >>Dear Jason,
> >>
> >>We have simply added *-v eg_version=2.3.1* to the script so that it became
> >>
> >>*psql -U evergreen -h localhost -v eg_version=2.3.1 -f
> >>version-upgrade/2.3.0-2.3.1-upgrade-db.sql evergreen*
> >>
> >>Yet, the command did not work. Should we modify the command in a different
> >>way? If it is not difficult, can you share with us the exact script?
> >
> >Did you get the same error message?
> >
> >I believe the 2.3 release maintainer has added a fixed version of
> >the script to the 2.3.3 release tarball. You might want to
> >download that and upgrade to 2.3.3.
>
> That should be the 2.3.2 release tarball, sorry.

Also, for the archives - while the 2.3.2 release tarball has a corrected
script that does not require the "-v eg_version" option for psql, if
anyone runs into this problem again, the correct syntax is:

psql -v eg_version="'2.3.1'" ...

or more simply, and to remove any worries about release numbers:

psql -v eg_version=NULL ...

Dan