Meme,

I would recommend asking your Evergreen system administrator to build a Linux
client for you.  Instructions here:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mozilla-devel:building_the_staff_client

Alternatively, you can install Wine on Ubuntu ('sudo apt-get install wine') and
install the Windows version, which works well.

Hope that's helpful!

Chris