From: open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Kathy
Lussier
Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:14 AM
To: open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Seeking opinions on client "Transfer All Title
Holds" option

Hi Rogan,

Frankly, I worry this is starting to get into the territory of "let's add
another permission (or YAOUS) for every eventuality no matter how obscure."

Yes, I think I agree with you here, which is why I'm suggesting that rather
than adding a permission, we remove that menu entry altogether. Since holds are
already transferred as part of a record merge and there is another method
available to transfer all holds that requires the user to actively select those
holds, it seems to be an unnecessary and potentially dangerous option to me.
Dangerous may be too strong of a word, but it is something that is problematic
when it is accidentally selected.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier

Project Coordinator