+1 excellent idea

Stuart Forrest PhD
Beaufort County Library

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 7, 2014, at 9:24 PM, Rogan Hamby
<rogan.ha...@yclibrary.net<mailto:rogan.ha...@yclibrary.net>> wrote:

We (the Evergreen community) have had the vendor listing policy on the
Evergreen community web site for a little over a year now.  In discussing
possible changes one proposed change that we (the Evergreen Board) was
favorable to was one that I have proposed.  I have proposed that on the vendor
listings we require a link back from the vendor listing on our site to their
description of Evergreen related services.

I see this as a positive feature so that when community members are browsing
the vendor listings they can easily link through to the most up to date
information on the vendor's site as to what they offer, success stories,
whatever marketing they want to use beyond the brief they give us for the
listing.

However, like the original vendor listing policy we didn't want to make this
decision without involving everyone the community as a whole.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>