From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of
Michele Morgan
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:10 PM
To: Evergreen List
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hourly Due Dates and Fines Ignore Closings

We are wondering how other libraries are working around this bug:

In short, for hourly loan periods and fine rates, library closings are ignored
in the calculation of due dates and fines. Fines are charged even though the
org unit setting to charge fines when the library is closed
(circ.fines.charge_when_closed) is set to FALSE.

Our academic libraries circulate reserve items for a few hours at a time and
charge substantial fines by the hour. This bug results in items being due after
the library closes, and fines accruing prior to the library's opening that must
be identified and cleared.

How are other libraries managing this?

Thanks for any input,
Michele
--
Michele M. Morgan, Technical Assistant
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts