Hi Galen,

Thanks a lot for this overview - we shall definitely follow the recommended steps :-)!

Linda

On 17.3.2016 15:01, Galen Charlton wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 3:41 AM, Linda Jansova <skolk...@chello.cz> wrote:
We have been awarded a grant to create a module which would add book covers
from Czech provider http://obalkyknih.cz/ to Evergreen.
Congratulations!

However, as we have not submitted code yet, we are a bit unsure about which
steps should we take to have it included in the master. Could you please let
us know how it works or how we should proceed once our module is ready?
A guide to contributing to the Evergreen project can be found here:

http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=contributing

That's a lot to digest, of course; some initial steps I recommend you
take to get started are:

[1] File a bug on Launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen)
with details about the proposed book cover integration. Set the bug's
importance to "Wishlist", as it will be a new feature.

[2] Read the instructions at
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:git and have whoever
will be writing the code submit their SSH public keys so that they can
push code to the Evergreen working Git repository.

[3] Have a look at the existing added content modules
(Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent.pm and
Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent/* in the source).

Regards,

Galen