From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Ben
Shum
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 11:40 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Self Check / ILL issue - Blocking checkout

Presuming you mean the Evergreen web selfcheck, I could only think of a
workaround approach like follows:

If you were to designate the workstation for the selfcheck to be a different
org unit (like an opac invisible child unit of the parent library), then
include a circ policy in circ_matrix_matchpoint that says, don't circ items of
a particular copy location (the ILL one) or circ modifier (if you have an ILL
circ mod?), but leave the rest to fallthrough back up to the parent org unit
rules, then the selfcheck could function differently with regards to those
materials.

Otherwise, I've found it more common that staff wanted items to be completely
restricted and not allowed for checkout (i.e. circulate = false on the item or
copy location levels) and to deal with it at the desk as you hint would be
burdensome.

Some development required maybe if we want to avoid any crazy workarounds like
the one I posit above.

And if you're talking about SIP2-based selfchecks, that's a whole other ball
game entirely....

Just thinking aloud, hope some of that might prove helpful.

-- Ben