Josh,

This is a bug for metarecord searching. These are the related bugs:

Good news! This was addressed recently! The fix was merged for the 2.12 release. You could patch your machines if you were feeling adventurous:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/blake/LP1629108-metarecord-constituent-result-reroute

Addressing the holds issue is a different story. It seems benign when an electronic record is included in the group considering there are no copies on the electronic bib. You could* change your fingerprint configuration to include the format but that would defeat the purpose of "Group formats and editions"

-Blake-
Conducting Magic
MOBIUS
573-234-4513