From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Jane
Sandberg
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 9:01 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notifying faculty about new books in their
discipline

Hi Evergreeners,

Our Library sends monthly emails to our faculty that feature recently acquired
books that might be of interest to them.  This is a nice, automated process
that pulls data from Evergreen and then uses call number ranges that we've
defined to match books with departments.  The emails include cover images and
links to place holds, and we're pretty proud of this system.

We've got our code up on GitHub: https://github.com/sandbergja/faculty_notifier

I'm very happy to share more details if you're interested.

   -Jane

--
Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian