On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 11:48:16PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> aspasia schrieb:
> >

> > On May 2, 7:14 am, Tomasz Chmielewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> aspasia schrieb:
> >>

> >> iSCSI initiators and dynamic IP address are two things which don't like
> >> each other very much.
> >>
> >> It will work if you add a dhclient to your initrd, but with any IP
> >> address change you'll run into problems.
> >>

> > that's true ... although, in my pilot I have followed your script and
> > statically assigned an IP address ...
> > i finally got it to a point where it successfully chroot'ed and
> > started the /sbin/init ...
> >
> > however, at some point it loses its connection ... at some point:

You need to start the iscsi service _after_ you have pivoted in your
bootable system. That means you need to run first 'iscsistart' from
your initrd (which you do I believe), and then when you pivot in-to your
booted environment, run the iscsi service to start up the iSCSI
daemon. It is imperative to have the iSCSI daemon run as it handles
the management components of the iSCSI connection.

Thought a lot of this (for example the nop-out sending code) has
moved up to the kernel in 2.0-869 release. Are you using this recent release?