Padmanabhan wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have a case where both initiator and target are configured with IPv4
> and IPv6 address. The target listens ob both sockets.
>
> When i login to the target without mentioning  the portal , it logins
> and creates two sessions for the same target.
>
> Questions
> 1.How to force the initiator to login with a specific IP version ? It
> is configured for automatic login and both systems have to retain dual
> ip address version.

Ummm, I either do not understand what you mean or it the answer is
really simple.

When you run iscsiadm by hand if you do

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port

and you get

10.15.84.19:3260,2 iqn.my_taget
[ipv6 addr],2 iqn.my_taget

Then to log into a specific one you use the -p/--portal argument:
iscsiadm -m nodde -T iqn.my_taget -p 10.15.84.19:3260,2 -l

If you wanted to set this up so this one is logged into automatically
set the node.startup setting to automatic. Or if you do not want the
portal to be logged into automatically set it to manual.

iscsiadm -m node -T targetname -p ip:port --op update -n node.startup -v
automatic

iscsiadm -m node -T targetname -p ip:port --op update -n node.startup -v
manual

See the README for how to pass in ipv6 addrs.

> 2.The session id  always get incremented after each new login. Can
> this be changed to reset /start from least available after for each
> new session ?

not yet.

> 3. How to persistently map iscsi target to fixed sd<X> id ?

Are you sure you want to map the target to a fixed sd id? What distro
are you using? What is wrong with their udev naming scheme? Have you
looked in /dev/disk ?