Hello,

I have 2 installs of Ubuntu - one i686 and the other AMD64; I am
testing my AMD64 installation to boot iscsi root and found that it got
stuck during boot ... which let me to realize that it had an older
version of a module:

modinfo scsi_transport_iscsi
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.24-16-generic/kernel/drivers/scsi/
scsi_transport_iscsi.ko
version:        2.0-724
license:        GPL

My other Ubuntu server has this version:

 modinfo scsi_transport_iscsi
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.24-16-generic/kernel/drivers/scsi/
scsi_transport_iscsi.ko
version:        2.0-869
license:        GPL

...  I guess I need to download an install the latest open-iscsi
binaries?  It seems like in the older version may seem to cause an
issue during my attempt to boot iscsi via initrd:  I am unable to
"iscsistart" ... it gives me some error that it cannot create the
connection - (115)

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

- A.