Hello Shaun and all,

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Shaun Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1.  I downloaded the tarball and compiled from temp.
2.  I copied the initd.debian sample startup script into the
/etc/init.d/open-iscsi (is what I called it) and ensured it's chmod'ed
to +x
3.  Ensured to edit the script to fit my environment: (paths, the
/etc/init.d/functions.sh, .... etc.)
4.  I still had issues in starting the daemon or even connecting to a
disk; with debugging turned on, I noticed the following error:
iscsistart: initiator reported error (9 - internal error)
Which the /var/log/messages explicitly informed me that:
May  6 08:50:30 localhost session4: couldn't create a new
connection.<6>scsi12 : iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
May  6 08:50:30 localhost connection5:0: Could not create connection
due to crc32c loading error. Make sure the crc32c module is built as a
module or into the kernel

5.  I know I did load the crc32c module in my make menuconfig,
HOWEVER, I did not update the automodules file, so I did the following
(for future reboots):
echo "crc32c" >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
and also just did a modprobe -q crc32c ....

6.  Upon re-starting the iscsiadm command, I was able to login and
connect to disk!

thanks a lot!

- a.

--