On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 07:23:32AM -0700, jergendutch wrote:

> On 28 Mai, 16:13, Konrad Rzeszutek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 05:32:03AM -0700, jergendutch wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> >
> > > I have iscsi setup on some boxes. They can all mount a central target
> > > in succession but not at the same time. This is fine, I have installed
> > > GFS to make this work.
> >
> > > I read somewhere (and this is where I need the help) that open-iscsi
> > > limits the number of connections per lun to one, and I need to
> > > increase this to the number of hosts. Can anyone tell me where this
> > > is, I cannot find it any more.
> >
> > Not sure where you read it, but that is false. The default LUN max is
> > 512.
> >

> Okay, so I have another problem then. Damn :/

An easy way to check for this is to run from 'sg3_utils' the sg_luns program:

sg_luns /dev/sg1
Lun list length = 8 which imples 1 lun entry
Report luns [select_report=0]:
    0000000000000000

Which tells you that there is one LUN.  If you see one entry and you
think you have more than one then the target is not allowing you
to see it.

> > > My second question is about startup.
> > > At the moment I start iscsi, then I run the discovery command, then
> > > restart iscsi to see the disk.
> >
> > > This seems wrong. Is there a better way?
> >
> > When you run the discovery command the results are cached. When you
> > log-in the session is also cached. So you init script should
> > take advantage of that and automaticly log-in to those targets.
> >
> > You did log-in to those targets after the discovery, right?
>
> I don't require login for the targets, they are on a private subnet.

Yes you do. You need to do 'iscsiadm -m node -L all' to login
in the targets. There are three phases of iSCSI: discovery,
login/logoff, operational. You will know when you hit the last
phase when the block devices show up.