Eli Dorfman wrote:
>> Hi Amir,
>>
>> Mike Christie wrote:

>> Yes, it does with the stock open-iscsi distribution.
>> For SUSE I've added a patch to change the default.
>
> Why do we have to run discovery on every open-iscsi start?
> Discovery process should be initiated by the user on demand.

Because.

This is (was?) required for static IP addresses, as some switches
might take quite some time to update their internal routing tables,
during which time any connect() attempt will return -EHOSTUNREACH.
And as the kernel code does has no concept of an initial connection
establishment it will fail the connection.
So we're doing a discovery first to setup the connection, thus
ensuring that the kernel will be able to log into the server properly.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             +49 911 74053 688