I posted a little while back about this, but I still seem to be
having trouble with this issue.  Originally I tried to setup my iSCSI
connection so that it had a 24 day timeout period and the no-op timers
would be disabled.  However this timeout led to a variety of issues
including causing umount, reboot, and other commands to hang.
     So in the end the long timeout proved to be too much trouble so I
moved back to the 120s timeout with noop timers enabled.  However even
this is causing me trouble.
     Currently I am using my iSCSI device to store video which means I
am sending a large amount of data over the network into my device at a
pretty high rate.  In my tests if I cut the connection sometimes
things will work out fine.  The connection gets cut and after 120s I
get a whole slew of iSCSI "queuing" errors and such and finally the
iSCSI device gets remounted as read only.  Once the error messages
stop if I stop all of my video archiving, reconnect the iSCSI device,
logout, umount the iSCSI, remount the iSCSI, log back in, and restart
my video archiver everything will work fine.
    However in other cases when i cut the connection the iSCSI debugs
won't be as numerous and it goes to read only mode almost
immediately.  When I try the above steps to recover my system hangs
like before on the umount.  I used KDB to get a dump of what is going
during the umount and will add it to this message.  It appears that
the umount process has context switched out waiting for the io to
complete. The io to be completed are 'sync'ing of the buffers which
never happens or completed and does not wake up umount.
    I've tried numerous things to get around this umount issue
including a variety of umount flags, the remount command, long delays
in my code and the kernel code.  But nothing has worked up to this
point.  I'm currently working on version 2.6.16 of the kernel with
open iSCSI version 2.0-865.9.  I am going to try the latest and
greatest to see if that helps at all.  I'm convinced that the current
problem has something to do with a quick change to 'ro' mode vs a
slower change to 'ro' mode after timeout.

If you guys have any advice or insight I'd appreciate the help.  I
posted the debug in the files section.  The filename is
umount_hang.rtf.  I've bolded the area where the umount gets called.

Thanks.