Hi All :-)

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike!
>>

> Hey, looks like you doing some more cool stuff. Don't you have a job where
> you have to hack on boring stuff like the rest of us :)

Hey, feel free to come and hack on VHACS with us to get you un-bored ;-)

>  On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 15:33 -0500, Mike Christie wrote:
>>
>>> What version of open-iscsi and kernel are you using? And are you using
>>> the kernel modules with open-iscsi or the ones that come with the kernel?
>>>

>> Whoops, forgot to include that tid-bit:
>>
>> open-iscsi: 2.0.730-1etch1
>>
>> kernel: I am using v2.6.22.19-kdb, and Jerome is using
>> v2.6.22-4-vserver-amd64
>>

> Ah if your disk are using write back cache then you are going to hit some
> problems. So if you see this in /var/log/messages when you loging:
>
> kernel: sd 9:0:0:1: [sdb] Write cache: enabled,
>
> then later when you run iscsiadm to log out you see:
>
> kernel: sd 9:0:0:1: [sdb] Synchronizing SCSI cache
>
> Then you are going to hit problems due to the scsi sysfs interface changing
> on us. iscsiadm is going to hang. IO is going to hang. You basically have to
> reboot the box by hand.

I NEW I had read something related to writeback cache + sysfs, I tried to
point  Nicholas to it but I just couldn't find the place I saw this. Was it
on the open/iSCSI homepage or in the MLs, I never found out again, but
thanks for confirming that :-)

I'll try to disable it and see how it goes from there.