v42bis wrote:
> I have changed the timeouts in iscsid.conf as directed in the iSCSI
> Root section 8.2 of the README so that in case the open-iscsi
> initiator loses connection or has other communications problems with
> my OpenSolaris target then the open-iscsi initiator will wait for up
> to 24 hours before it fails to the SCSI layer:
>
> node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 86400
> node.conn[0].timeo.login_timeout = 15
> node.conn[0].timeo.logout_timeout = 15
> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 0
> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 0
>
> My OpenSolaris target recently core dumped and came back online in
> about 5 minutes. By that time, all of my ext3 partitions mounted over
> iscsi had aborted their journals. Shouldn't iscsi wait for 24 hours
> before I see any failures on my SCSI layer affecting my ext3
> partitions?

It should have. Do you have the logs? Do you see something about the
replacement or recovery timeout timing out. It would have the correct
86400 value, but when you look at the log it would say that it failed a
lot quicker like the 5 minutes you mention. If this happens you may be
hitting a bug where the kernel cannot support long timeouts and
basically what is happening is the kernel's timer is rolling over and
not caching it self right or maybe we are not supposed to be setting
that high. We are still investigating to see who is at fault.