On Sep 12, 1:29 am, "A. Eijkhoudt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello and thanks in advance for reading,
>
> We've been having serious read performance issues with Open-iSCSI.

I am having a similar problem, with good write performance and
dreadful read performance, but with bursts of good speed.

I am not entirely sure that this will be the final answer (too many
dead ends already), but for me it seems it was a mismatched block size
between the target and initiator devices (and upgrading the iSCSI
target). The target device had a block size of 4096, while on the
initiator side the block size was 512. This issue seemed to manifest
itself particularly with multipathing.

In my case I am using two Ubuntu boxes (open-iscsi v2.0-865 and IET
v0.4.15/0.4.16). I am using software raid (this is a test box) with
LVM, and the LV is presented to the iSCSI target.

Just my 2c.

D.A.