On Sep 26, 9:40 am, Vide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> iscsi: host reset
> succeeded
> iscsi: host reset
> succeeded
> sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Result: hostbyte=DID_OK
> driverbyte=DRIVER_TIMEOUT,SUGGEST_OK
> end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector
> 15552143
> device-mapper: multipath: Failing path
> 8:16.
> sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Result: hostbyte=DID_OK
> driverbyte=DRIVER_TIMEOUT,SUGGEST_OK
> end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector
> 15552407
>
> (lots of write errors)

I do not think this is enough info. Do you just see the above then see
write errors on the FS? Or do you see a error message about the other
path failing?

The above errors are expected and ok because of the nic port going up
and down, and they only indicate that on one path we got errors and
that multipath handled it by failing a path.

If you run

iscsiadm -m session -P 3

You should see at least two sessions. One session would have sdb and
the other session should have some other sdX that we did not see
errors for in the log snippets.

If you run

multipath -ll

you should see the other sdX which is the other path we care about.

Make sure this is on a different session than sdb. Then in the log if
you see errors like above for this other sdX then there is nasty
problem, and if you could send the rest of the log for those errors it
would be helpful.

Also Konrads suggestion to use 'queue_if_no_path' or no_path_retry
would fix the problem where if all paths are going offline for a
legitimate reason then dm-multipath would not fail IO to the FS as
quickly or at all depending on which setting you use.