Hey Folks,

my storage backend system is capable of handling writes at around 120MB/sec.
Its running the iscsi enterprise target under ubuntu hardy and the open-iscsi
initiators are debian etch systems, all connected via gigabit lan. Yesterday I
did some load tests and it looks like I won't get any further than 50MB/sec
(read and write) on the client side. This is enough for my purpose but what
struck me during the tests is that dstat showed network traffic of roughly
80-100MB/sec coming in on the target side. Is this a problem of dstat or does
iSCSI really add 100% transportation overhead? I haven't done any tweaks to
this side of the setup and the tests were done via dd (writing/reading from/to
/dev/zero and /dev/null with the fsync option set).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Rudolph Bott
--
Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH
Karstr.25  41068 Moenchengladbach  Tel:02161/30898-0  Fax:-18