HIMANSHU wrote:
> Exactly Ulrich,there can be a better approach.
> I am now having iscsiadm version 2.0-870,but still I am having a
> problem in case of 2 targets having different NODE authentication.
>
> My scenario
>
> Suppose 2 targets (having different NODE AUTHENTICATION,assuming same
> DISCOVERY AUTHENTICATION) from same target machine(say 30.12) are
> logged in.I set up node.startup=automatic in both cases.
>
> My observation
>
> If I restart initiator machine,re-login can be possible in case of
> last logged in target only,not both of them.
>
> Steps performed
>
> 1. Discover machine using -o new -o delete->Enter Node credentials for
> 1st target from the list shown->Discovery again as iscsid.conf is now
> having node credentials of target1->login to target1->making
> node.startup=automatic
>
> 2. Discover machine using -o new -o delete->Enter different Node
> credentials for 2nd target from the list shown->Discovery using -o
> update as iscsid.conf is now having node credentials of target2->login
> to target2->making node.startup=automatic
> (using -o update overwrites my node.startup setting of target1,so I
> have to again make node.startup of target1 to automatic.without -o
> update,it wont allow me to login as I need to change iscsid.conf to
> target2's credentials.)

If you do this:

1. set DISCOVERY AUTHENTICATION in iscsid.conf.
2. run discovery iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip
3. set NODE AUTHENTICATION for target1 found
iscsiadm -m node -T target1 -p ip:port -o update -n
node.session.auth.username -v user
iscsiadm -m node -T target1 -p ip:port -o update -n
node.session.auth.password -v pass

4.A If other target or portal or both is found through the same
discovery address and was just found then all you have to do is run
those iscsiadm -m node commands for the second target (you do not need
to run discovery again):

iscsiadm -m node -T target2 -p ip2:port -o update -n
node.session.auth.username -v user
iscsiadm -m node -T target2 -p ip2:port -o update -n
node.session.auth.password -v pass

4.B if the other target or portal or both is found through a different
discovery address but using the same DISCOVERY AUTHENTICATION then do
discovery to the other address:
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip2
If for some reason the other discovery address also gives you the
targets and portals from the other discovery address ip, then pass in
the -o new -o delete to the discovery command.

Then run iscsiadm -m node -o update .... to set the NODE AUTHENTICATION
for those targets.

4.C if the other target or portal or both is found through a different
discovery address but using a differenet DISCOVERY AUTHENTICATION then
you have to edit the discovery chap settings in iscsid.conf and then run
the discovery command
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip2

If for some reason the other discovery address also gives you the
targets and portals from the other discovery address ip, then pass in
the -o new -o delete to the discovery command.

Then just run iscsiadm -m node -o update .... to set the chap settings
for the targets found in there.

5. if then later on you want to discover new targets then run
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o new -o delete
And then run iscsiadm -m node -o update .... to set the chap settings
for what was found.