On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Boaz Harrosh<bharr...@panasas.com> wrote:
> On 06/11/2009 08:41 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
>> It seems like we have a lot of members on the list that are not kernel
>> developers, but we now have 5 iscsi drivers (qla4xxx, bnx2i, cxgb3i,
>> iscsi_tcp and ib_iser) with another being written. So it seems like we
>> are going to have lots of patches. I would also like to start sending my
>> kernel patches out in a way that everyone can see them. Previously to
>> avoid noise on this list, I have been pinging you guys privately which
>> just does not work so well now when we have so many people.
>>
>> What do you people think?
>>
>> Do other people on the list prefer to see everything here, so you can
>> see what features are making progress?
>
> I vote: One list, All patches posted

I agree that having just one mailing list is the most convenient for
kernel developers. But not everyone who is subscribed to open-iscsi is
a kernel developer. Wouldn't it be more convenient for iSCSI users to
have two lists -- one intended for iSCSI users, and one for iSCSI
developers, such that the users can subscribe to the former only ?
Just my two cents.

Bart.