Group,

I'm using linux to backup an ISCSI target.  My backup script calls the
snapshot function on my iscsi server, then uses open-iscsi to connect to
a snapshot target on that server.  The target is backed up, then I
logoff the target until the next backup.

The problem is that the scsi device number in linux keeps incrementing:

scsi13 : iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
scsi14 : iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
scsi15 : iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP

Is this cause for concern?  Will it quit on me at some point?  Is there
a way to make open-iscsi reuse an old scsi device number?

Thanks,
schu