Thanks for the info Stephan.  I'm taking your response into
consideration and will most likely NOT go forward with this based on
your response, as well as Oracle's response to this same type of
question.  They seemed to believe that performance may be impacted.

1) However, before I completely ditch the idea, does anyone know if
this is even possible?  <-- that is, using linux software bridges via
the `brctl` command.

2) When you were using "dedicated iSCSI NICS" were you just connecting
to the sessions from the dom0 and then passing the raw device through
to the domU's as a physical device?  I guess that is another way of
doing this, but then I have to manage which blk devices are used for
physical access to the domU and which ones are actually being mounted
on the dom0 (for Oracle VM, these are mounted under /OVS/)

Thanks,
Joe