Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 09:39:00PM -0500, Hoot, Joseph wrote:
>> On Nov 16, 2009, at 8:19 PM, Hoot, Joseph wrote:
>>
>>> thanks.  That helps.  So I know that with the EqualLogic targets, there is
>>> a "Group IP" which, I believe, responds with an iscsi login_redirect.
>>>
>>> 1) Could the "Login authentication failed" message be the response because
>>> of a login redirect messages from the EQL redirect?
>>>
>>> and then my next question is more for curiosity sake:
>>>
>>> 2) Are there plans in the future to have more than one connection per
>>> session?  and I guess in addition to that, would that mean multiple
>>> connections to a single volume over the same nic?
>>>

>> Also Mike, I'm seeing one or two of these every 30-40 minutes if I slam our
>> EqualLogic with roughly 7-15k IOPS (reads and writes) non stop on 3 volumes.
>>  In this type of scenario, would you expect to see timeouts like this once
>> in awhile?  If so, do you think increasing my NOOP timeouts would assist so
>> we don't get these?  maybe set it to 15 seconds instead of 10?
>>

> Equallogic does active loadbalancing (redirects) during operation..
> dunno about the errors though.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thanks Pasi!

Joseph, look in the EQL target logs for something about the EQL box
doing load balancing. I think normally we handle the load balancing more
gracefully, but we might be messing up. I think if EQL was load
balancing in the open-iscsi logs we would see something about getting a
async iscsi pdu from the target that asks us to logout. Then when we
relogin the target would redirect us to the optimal path.