On 01/28/2010 09:25 AM, Erez Zilber wrote:

+struct iscsi_noop_info {
+       struct timeval tv;

Can you pass this between userspace and the kernel safely? The fields in
there are longs, and I thought those could be different sizes if you had
something like 32bit userspace and 64 kernels.

What do you suggest to do here?

I do not know. Am I even right? After I sent that, I was thinking syscalls must pass it around ok, so it must be ok or there must be some way to do it. I did not look into it any more though.

I'm not very familiar with debugfs. What do you want to do with it?

Nothing. I was just saying it is an option. If you were also fine with the netlink interface you used, so am I, so no changes needed.