Taylor, on 05/26/2010 09:32 PM wrote:
I'm curious what kind of performance numbers people can get from their
iscsi setup, specifically via 10 Gig.

We are running with Linux servers connected to Dell Equallogic 10 Gig
arrays on Suse.

Recently we were running under SLES 11, and with multipath were seeing
about 2.5 Gig per NIC, or 5.0 Gbit/sec total IO throughput, but we
were getting a large number of iscsi connection errors.  We are using
10 Gig NICs with jumbo frames.

We reimaged the server to OpenSuse, same hardware and configs
otherwise, and since then we are getting about half, or 1.2 to 1.3
Gbit per NIC, or 2.5 to 3.0 Gbit total IO throughput, but we've not
had any iscsi connection errors.

What are other people seeing?  Doesn't need to be an equallogic, just
any 10 Gig connection to an iscsi array and single host throughput
numbers.

ISCSI-SCST/open-iscsi on a decent hardware can fully saturate 10GbE link. On writes even with a single stream, i.e. something like a single dd writing data to a single device.

Vlad