I came across this thread while searching for the error I am facing
with iscsitarget and open-iscsi.
I am working on a project where i am experimenting on a hadoop
cluster.
I have a fuse-dfs filesystem newhdfs which is mounted at /media/
myDrive.
and i have created a storage directory holding a lun image inside this
newhdfs.

I get the same error that is mentioned in one of the posts on this
thread. On the target I get:
$/etc/init.d/iscsitarget restart
$dmesg
iscsi_trgt: fileio_attach(283) -5
iscsi_trgt: Registered io type fileio
iscsi_trgt: Registered io type blockio
iscsi_trgt: Registered io type nullio
iscsi_trgt: open_path(119) Can't open /media/myDrive/newhdfs/storage/
lun3_2.img -5

where i created the lun image using the following command:
$mkdir /media/myDrive/newhdfs/storage
$cd /media/myDrive/newhdfs/storage
$dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/myDrive/newhdfs/storage/lun3_2.img bs=1024k
count=2000

now, when i run open-iscsi on the initiator, this is what i see:
$/etc/init.d/open-iscsi restart
$cat /var/log/messages
aasthainitiator-desktop kernel: connection12:0: detected conn
error(1020)
aasthainitiator-desktop kernel: iscsi: registered transport (iser)

$fdisk -l
$cat /var/log/messages
aasthainitiator-desktop kernel: session recovery timed out after 120
secs
aasthainitiator-desktop kernel: sd 82:0:0:0: [sdd] Unhandled error
code
aasthainitiator-desktop kernel: sd 82:0:0:0: Result:
hostbyte=DID_TRANSPORT_FAILFAST driverbyte=DRIVER_OK
aasthainitiator-desktop kernel: sd 82:0:0:0: CDB: Read(10): 28 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 08 00

$dmesg
Buffer I/O error on device sdd, logical block 0
sd 80:0:0:0: [sdd] Unhandled error code
sd 80:0:0:0: [sdd] Result: hostbyte=DID_TRANSPORT_FAILFAST
driverbyte=DRIVER_OK
sd 80:0:0:0: [sdd] CDB: Read(10): 28 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
end_request: I/O error, dev sdd, sector 0

i tried some of the commands suggested on the thread like pvscan,
lvscan, vgchange -a ly. But i get only errors on running each of them.

I see, "no matching physical volumes found" on running pvscan.
I see, "iscsi-target: unrecongnized service" on running service iscsi-
target stop/start.
On doing
$netstat -pnt
I see:
Proto         Recv-Q        Send-Q       Local Address
Foreign Address       state          PID/Program name
tcp               0             0        10.72.147.218:54299
10.72.147.219:3260    TIME_WAIT       -

Can someone help with this matter? If this is not the write place to
discuss, do please guide me to an appropriate mailing list.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Aastha.